Saturday, October 2, 2010

Deep Thoughts...... or maybe just semi-deep... :)

Children are made to be loved, adored, and cherished. There are far too many who aren't. I used to have such intense pain at the thought of not having that. I fear for my own children, who desperately need it, and I feel they get it from me to the best of my ability. I read a blog tonight about a child who was "broken" by his father. It broke my heart. I thought about my own life, and my parenting abilities. Then I thought about all of the amazing examples I've had in my life about HOW to be a family and what NOT to do.

It's funny how just when you think you are doing great, reality comes and you find the flaws in your abilities. Tonight, after the article, I know I'm not perfect, BUT I also hope that my children know how much I love them.

I can honestly say I do my best to be the best mom to them. I do the best with the talents and abilities I've been given. I say abilities, because I've been having some health issues lately. My poor children have had to grow up a bit and help out. It's sad. It depresses me. I wish it were better and that they could stay children. The inevitable has to happen though. They have to grow up. :(

I'm proud of all that they accomplish. I'm proud to call them my own. I'm proud of the fact that I spend more time with them than anyone else. I'm proud that I have a job that allows me to take them to work with me and spend even more time with them. I'm proud that THEY are proud of me for my accomplishments, big or small. (They're also proud of my faults.) :)


I've been blessed beyond measure, and I'm so thankful for my Father in Heaven who has allowed me to have these angels in my life to guide me to being a better person. I'm learning more and more what true love is all about and the different levels it has. I'm finally learning that my Father loves me...... and I'm feeling it.

Life is hard, it even sucks rocks sometimes.... I'm glad I have my angels to help me remember that it's worth it. I'm glad I have a cabana boy who helps me remember my worth.

Life is good......... and I'm thankful for the humbling moments that remind me of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment