Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dreaming

I dreamed I was in a house with two other people this morning. There was a grandma, a younger mother, a baby, and myself. The baby kept crying, until I held her. I would give her back to her mother or the grandma, and she would cry. The only comfort she received was from me. The mother finally gave up trying and went down stairs to watch a movie. I followed her downstairs after a little bit with the baby in my arms. I walked into the family room and noticed the sleeping mother. I looked down at the baby who was propped against my chest and recognized her...

I'm the type of person who believes some dreams are ways to clean and purge the mind of feelings and thoughts. Those are the ones that mostly come to me. I do have many from younger years that I remember quite vividly to this day. There are, of course, some dreams that are just a jumbled bit of nonsense. Those I can't remember. It's the vivid ones that replay in my mind. Even to this day I can remember the sights and sounds. The apparel and location all are recollected in a way that can't be forgotten.

The dream when I was 3 or 4 years old and at a store, haunts me still. I found this lady who was my mother, she had short dark hair, and a long dark furry coat. She was pushing the cart and I kept talking to her. She didn't know me. I told her she was my mother and she didn't know who I was. I was devastated that my own mother wouldn't know her ONLY child.

I remember telling her about that, and being accusatory, then she told me I must have dreamed that and that it hadn't happened. She claimed she would never do that...


No comments:

Post a Comment